Sunday, September 22, 2013

A digest

So!  Started taking digestive enzymes yesterday morning. Less bloating, less gas, still little go. But I'll give it a couple more days. 

I've still been incredibly faithful with my food - except for the trace sugar in my bacon, it's been 100% whole30 compliant. And then... I'm currently making pot roast. And the recipe called for burgundy wine. So I put it in. There is no substitute for the flavor of a nice red in a crock pot roast. It's done. It's cooking. It's what I will be eating this week. My last week. 

So hell, I said to myself. Self, why don't you make that tequila lime coleslaw for which you've collected the ingredients?  Self said, well... that's a little more blatant. Self replied, yep. Sure is. And?  Self sighed, then started chopping the green onions.  Done. Haven't had it yet. 

End results are eight days away. I have no doubt that I will make it. I don't have any cravings (the tequila is a close one, but not the wine. I want white, not red).  I am not sure what the end will show, though. The night before last I woke up at 2:30 in the morning and could not go back to sleep. I got up at 4 and finally started doing things. No nap either. Last night I woke for about 1.5 hrs around 3... But finally got back to sleep and missed the run today. On purpose as I needed a rest day from my t25, but  if I'd been sleeping better I could have handled a slow short run...
I have lost a little weight, though not like I was in the beginning. Maybe five lbs is my guess?  Inches wise... Maybe an inch or two on the waist or hips... Hard to tell when I'm bloated and constipated all the time. 
I don't think I will do another whole 30. Maybe a specific carbohydrate diet or a 21 day sugar detox or even, cats forbid, a GAPS plan, but the whole 30 did not help my IBS/Candida/whatever the hell my digestive issues are now. (IBS was very old diagnosis... I self diagnosed candida based on some gross photos on the internet that match my.. output.)

And maybe I'll go see a functional medicine practitioner. Once we get closer to the end of the year so I don't have to worry about saving my HSA for my exorbitant insurance deductible...
Anyway. Digestive enzymes. Kombucha. Sauerkraut (so loving the Sonoma brine kraut - especially the smoked chipotle.. twin, you know you gotta buy the raw sauerkraut to get the good effects, right?  No more of this crap in a bag or that shelf stable classic...). Lotsa water. Coffee this weekend (did get some stuff moving), tea during the week.  I'm currently soaking raw almonds from the farmers market so I can make my very first batch ever of almond milk. I'm also planning on making Mark Bittman's almond milk as soon as the whole thirty is over... It includes gluten free oats for creamier texture, and coconut too.
Okie dokie. Hope you are both well. Miss your posts...

xoxo
eff.

No comments:

Post a Comment