Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 18? How did that happen?

Okay, still on track.  getting some things figured and worked out... added some Kombucha (classic) to get some probiotics and enzymes to help with digestion.. will see from there.
Eating right, though snacked on Monday night a little, and Sunday.  Still have some old habits to break, but food choices are pretty easy right now.  Maybe just cutting down on the nightshades... maybe go with a FODMAP elimination if it doesn't help...

Anyway.  My mood is still on and off grumpy, though I wake up pretty cheerful.  I started my Focus T25 (another Shaun T invention) yesterday and did it again today, so that's a 25 minute intense workout in the morning - but it's only 25 minutes, so I have no excuses.  That actually makes a difference to me (Insanity was 40-50 minutes).  My grumpiness may be strongly related to going back to work, though it's been four weeks (this week) so I should be adapting.  But... it's rather stressful and different this year.  I can easily leave the work mind when I go home, but I'm here for most of my awake time - so I need to find a way for it not to get to me, shift my attitude.  I'm taking the attitude home, unfortunately.  Managed to curb my shortness with Max, but am not having a pretty strong reaction and jealousy about something.  Me.  Jealous.  Not something I'm familiar with.  It feels really gross...

So.. food is the same, though I got a couple of new cookbooks (Primal Cravings and Against All Grain) and am excited to try new things.  I made the Chorizo Stuffed Pork Chops (from PC) last night and got to have one for lunch today... *that* was damn good.  I made the Shaved Brussels Sprouts Leeks Bacon and Pomegranate Seeds (from AAG) and that was... different than I expected.  Tasty, but a little bland.  I think I put the bacon in too early though. 

I also made fruit juice gelatin (though couldn't find grass fed gelatin, so am ordering on the internet for next time) and that turned out quite jiggly - and tasty and sugar free (well, you know, except for the cherry juice itself).  I still have four recipes earmarked to make this week, so will let you know how it all goes.

So far, my only thing I crave is sipping tequila (Zan, I want to get a bottle of your parents' Hotel California Blanco... how do I do that?).  And maybe a glass of really good white wine.  I think I will probably stay pretty whole30 once my days are up other than a little alcohol and honey/maple syrup (so I can make coconut milk yogurt).  The only problem I forsee is how exciting it will be to make all those delightful paleo deserts in my cookbooks... especially since one of the cookbooks uses practically no nut flour at all (a concern of mine) and instead uses potato flour and tapioca flour and coconut flour.  Also, with one of my favorite holidays coming, I may indulge in a few pieces of candy.  But I won't buy 20$ worth the day after halloween as I used to.  See?  My habits have changed.  :)  Also, when I told Max about all the delicious recipes, he seemed excited to make them.  He's been pretty supportive for most of it, though we hardly eat together this month. 


I leave you with gel-lo.  BTW, don't put it on waxed paper.  PITA to get off.

xxoo
eff.

No comments:

Post a Comment