Friday, September 6, 2013

Lunch

I had to rush out the door this morning, so I had 1/2 lamb burger for breakfast with leftover Greek salad (what I was hoping to have for lunch). For lunch, I had what was supposed to be for breakfast:


Browned sweet potato with rainbow kale & cubed ham chunks. Cooked in grass fed lard.

Noms.

Oh - and here comes some TMI about bowel movements. I've struggled with BMs since my diagnosis. First it was IBS (gluten intolerance). Then is was constipation (side-effect of Hashimoto's). I have to do so much to keep things moving. My usual routine is taking a VERY large dose of probiotics in the evening & drinking a cup of coffee in the morning. And I never get the "nudge" until after I eat breakfast. This can complicate a morning, esp. if I need to be somewhere super early or am meeting friends for breakfast. I have to plan ahead and make sure I have enough time *every day* to have my coffee & breakfast with time to spare to feel the nudge and actually go. If I don't go in the morning...there's no movement till the next day. It's just how it goes. BUT today I got the nudge before I even had breakfast! The past several days have been a bit - hesitant- without my morning coffee. But today was great! Way to go body!!

No comments:

Post a Comment