Thursday, September 5, 2013

Training wheels

Day five. Breakfast was a sweet potato with three eggs in coconut oil as usual!  One sad cup of black coffee. I might need some ghee in my coffee tomorrow. 
Lunch was the last of the BBQ pulled pork. More puréed celery/broccoli soup, and some spaghetti squash with tomato sauce. 
Dinner was a rather large and delicious pork chop with green beans and some homemade apple sauce with a side of sauerkraut and a spoonful or two of coconut manna. 
Oh, and last night I had a couple of pieces of cold bacon (that's for you, Will Manuel).
I think I might not be eating enough, so I tried to eat more today. I remember when I first tried the whole30 and was feeling tired - Melissa (one of the creators of the whole30 plan/website) looked at my food log and told me to eat way more. So since I keep waking up hungry (in the night, though I don't get up), I think the same thing might be happening this time. So I ate more. I am definitely full tonight.  And I'm going to try to eat a lot more vegetables instead of protein... 

So. Day five done. Feels a little daunting, don't feel like my body is changing at all. I guess I wasn't bloated after all, because that hasn't disappeared. I think maybe its called fat. 
Sigh. 
If I can stick with it, and I think I can this time, maybe I'll get back to my happy shape and size. But I have no motivation to exercise. Work is sort of exhausting... Maybe as the weeks progress and normalize I'll feel better?

Look. Pretty tomatoes. 


xo
eff.

No comments:

Post a Comment