I've been snacking a little at night before bed the last two nights - a couple spoonfuls of coconut manna, a couple pieces dried pineapple, and a handful of walnuts. I seem to still be a little hungry before bed, so it's not mindless snacking.
All is well so far. I'm eating the right stuff.. breakfast as usual yesterday and today, with single 16 oz cups of coffee with coconut milk in it. Lunch yesterday was the last meat on an eggplant with tomato sauce, all of those beet greens with bacon, and the last of the lime coconut cauliflower, maybe 1/3 cup. Dinner was part of the roast chicken with half the green beans and bacon and a heap of mashed garlic herb cauliflower. I had a few olives too, the past couple of days.
Lunch today will be roasted chicken, brussels sprouts with bacon, and some roasted beets.
I'm having an interesting experience. My energy is not up - a 6 mile run knocks me down, whereas just a few months ago I was doing nearly 20. Of course, I haven't done much in the past few months, but I can usually ramp up pretty fast - never had to walk so much. Also, my sleep is not better... I had hoped it was, but I still keep waking up in the night, and last night my mind started to take off on yearbook stuff and I couldn't get back to sleep for a while. Also, I can't tell if giving up dairy is making me less mucousy or not, since I'm sneezing and having some allergy stuff. Finally, my regularity is not regular. If I take my magnesium supplement, I go in the morning, but it's not fun. And I can't seem to regulate otherwise.
More time? Well, I'm not exactly quitting, and I'm trying to figure out how to make this more of a lifestyle and less of a give in to the gluten treats after. I'd like to loosen up, but I think instead of thinking I can buy any of that junk, if I want a treat, I have to make it from the recipes I have in my paleo cookbooks. That will slow me way down, and keep me from the processed food cycle. I'll probably add back a little dairy, but maybe not. I'll probably add some rice and maybe quinoa, specifically to address the loosing weight issue (if that continues, and as I ramp up my training again).
I think over the past year and a half, since going full on paleo, I've become pretty healthy and able to function pretty well. The last six months, though, have been a gradual downslide into unhealthy behaviors. I am aware of that and am making these shifts with permanent change in mind...
okay, back to work!
xo
eff.
No comments:
Post a Comment