Sunday, September 8, 2013

Yesterday and beyond

It was day seven, and a successful one.  Same breakfast as usual, then for lunch meat on an eggplant with tomato sauce and an artichoke with homemade mayo. Dinner was a burger made by Max, served with lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Also had coffee with ghee yesterday. And I forgot, the night beoe that I had a couple spoons of coconut manna.  Today was breakfast as usual with coffee and ghee. Only the coffee before my run. Lunch is yet to be had. 
So it's going well.
I broke a whole30 rule this morning and weighed myself. I wasn't going to care if I hadn't lost any, but was more concerned about losing too fast. And yep, that's true. I don't feel like I've lost weight, but it that could explain why I don't have as much energy as I'd hoped. 
I find it difficult to eat as much as I might require in three meals. I upped my intake at the end of last week since I was hungry in the night, but I still lost 3.4 lbs since starting. Sure, that could be regular fluctuation, but I haven't dipped below 148 on my scale in months, even when fluctuating. 
How to eat more?  I'm eating lots of fat and protein. Lots of veggies. What now?  Maybe I'll start putting coconut milk in my coffee every day?
I do want to lose weight, just not at a rate that leaves me bonking in my training.  I had that happen pretty severely when I was trying the sugar detox and training for my 50k - same rate of weight loss, couldn't keep up with my training. 
I know I promised s body function post soon. Promise it's coming. Still trying to see if there's nothing more... regular about it. :)
Cooking for next week right now too. More green beans (from my garden) and bacon, beet greens and bacon, Brussels sprouts and bacon, and all with onions. I've got a thing for bacon flavored veggies right now.  Also roasting some beets and making more tomato sauce. The chicken I'll roast for the week is still thawing. 
See? 


Yesterday I went for an easy (for the old me) bike ride to the cement ship and back (from near bottom of my road. Could not add the extra 35 minutes to ride back up... and maybe didn't know if I could handle it anyway).  Today I did six miles in the forest - again had to do some walking... I always said I'd never be a runner who walks. 
Eating my words. That ought to fill my ego up. Or shut it up. Whatever. 

Pretty beets. 


Ok. Back to the cooking spree. 
Oh, I also canned some peppers from my garden and pickled them. Yum!  And I still have a few eggplants and tomatoes that the deer did not get... my grocery bill has been very low last week and this. Unusual for the whole30, but perhaps it's the meat I already have in my freezer. :). Being Paleo to begin with makes this pretty easy...
la la la. 
xo
eff.

No comments:

Post a Comment