...J/K! Although, I REALLY wanted some. Today is my Friday & I just wanted to come home from work, chill on the couch and enjoy a nice glass of red wine. I opted for a probiotic drink instead.
My meals today were nothing new. Hoping to cook up some awesome stuff on my days off (thurs-sat). For breakfast I had sweet potato hash browns, bacon & kale. Same as yesterday. With caffeine free black tea.
Lunch was tasty & I resisted getting sweet potato fries! Went to Burger during my lunch break and got a grass-fed burger with avo, onion, tomato in a lettuce wrap. No sauce. Instead of the fries I got a side salad that was meh. Note to self: An extra 2.50 for a side salad is NOT worth it at Burger. I also resisted the bubbling goodness of a Diet Coke.
Dinner was another lettuce wrap (well 2 actually) with chicken, tomato, avocado and MORE bacon. Never enough bacon. I did add more store-bought mayo. Definitely need to make my own tomorrow. My bacon isn't quite legal either. Will order some Whole30 compliant bacon from US Wellness Meats tomorrow. I also nibbled on some grapes & roasted almonds.
Even though some of the foods I've been consuming are not 100% compliant, I still feel improvements. My energy sustained throughout the day without an afternoon snack (although my dinner was quite large perhaps to compensate), my headaches are gone and I'm feeling more alert in the morning and more able to face my patients. Woohoo!
Will add photos tomorrow when I start cooking stuff up! I really appreciate what everyone has to share too! I find myself checking in throughout the day to see what new posts might be up. *Love it*
Night!
Z
No comments:
Post a Comment