Saturday, September 7, 2013

Engagement Celebration

I celebrated my engagement this evening with my brother & his wife. We went to a local Pleasure Point restaurant: Suda. I had a grass-fed burger (no bun) with bacon & avocado. Greek salad on the side (feta cheese removed). I did great except that I had a glass of wine. I made the decision to have this glass of wine prior to arriving at the restaurant. It was a celebratory dinner in our honor, so I allowed myself to indulge. No wine from here on out.

After dinner we went to the Penny Ice Creamery where I had one scoop of chocolate sorbet - dairy free. Not Whole30 approved. I did ask about the sugar they used in their sorbet - the guy said "raw sugar." Sugar nonetheless. So in a sense I "fell off the wagon." However, I did remain very conscious of my choices. I am proud of this. Yet I still feel as though I failed today...sigh.

For lunch, I had leftover Korean noodle bowl, strawberries & an apple.

Breakfast was leftover ham & sweet potato concoction.

To make up for my dinner indiscretions, here of some photos of awesome tasty bites on tomorrow's menu:


Tulsi Gelee - strongly brewed tulsi tea with grass fed gelatin (chilled to perfection & cut into cubes). Awesome for the bones & joints & also very balancing for hormones & emotions. (Just tasted one! SO good!)

Soaking almonds (bought at the farmer's market today!) in preparation for a delicious snack of oven-roasted almonds with rosemary, salt & olive oil:
                                (I will have to peel each & everyone of those suckers)

Not the most Whole30 day for me. Ugh. Will do my best to continue on tomorrow. I will NOT revert back to old habits just because one day was "off-ish."

XO Z

No comments:

Post a Comment