Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 1 Success!

Honestly, I'm not even sure what the Whole 30 guidelines are yet, but I'm hopeful that sticking to a whole food/paleo diet with zero sugar or dairy will suffice. And I will learn as I go. :) I am very strict about being gluten free, as my health 100% depends on it. When exposed to gluten I get asthma (and need to go on steroids for about 6 weeks) and IBS. Ewww, sorry guys. But I will most likely speak of bowel movements several more times before this cleanse ends! I have an autoimmune diagnosis (Hashimoto's) that has been linked to gluten intolerance. There's belief that I may also have Celiac's disease. The awesome thing is - I believe in my heart that I can live a healthy & joyful life supported by the food I eat.

The not-so-awesome thing is that these days one can buy complete junk that is certified "gluten-free." And I've been eating that shit up. Poor body. I've gained between 15-20 lbs this past year and now weigh 156.6 (wearing only a t-shirt. in the morning. after peeing. :) I like that you're not supposed to weigh in during the Whole 30. I have an awful habit of weighing myself every day. Not the healthiest pattern. So, goodbye scale! No measurements from me. I will measure by what jeans I'll be able to fit into. Can't find a measuring tape anyway. (Thank goodness)

Dinner tonight was awesome! I made roasted chicken thighs (from Make It Paleo) stuffed with garlic & onion, lime & cilantro cauliflower "rice" with coconut milk (from Against All Grain) & green beans tossed with a ghee/coconut oil blend. Noms. Brian approved the cauliflower rice. I've stopped explaining the food I make to Brian so he can have an unfiltered opinion upon tasting. He's my guinea pig. :)

Day 1 success! I'm so excited to be going through the Whole 30 with y'all!

Z



1 comment: